• 当今能源投资者最大的错误是……
  • 公公担心儿媳杨幂成天熬夜:应该检查一下身体
  • 陈凯歌儿子女友疑曝光 网友:口味不轻
  • 陈乔恩偷拿糖果被现场抓包 结果表情亮了
  • IBM今天发布一大堆新东西:看完感觉厉害了
  • 市场营销是美国大学商科专业中留学生选择最大的专业之一-美国留学指南
  • 美国专门建筑的回报率通常高於主流的商业房-美国房产信息
  • 半数中国富人都打算移民美国,包括投资海外房地产-美国移民指南
  • 温哥华最近实行的15%外国购房者特别交易税等因素,使得对等替代市场的兴趣与日俱增- ...
  • 今年第三季度,中国超越美国成为全球最大的房地产跨境投资者-美国房产信息
  • 当选总统唐纳德·特朗普的女儿伊万卡被机组人员请下飞机-美国生活指南
  • 美国最容易积累财富大城市排名-美国房产信息
  • 美国各城市高档物业的业主在2017年面临严峻考验-美国房产信息
  • 美国人今年11月购买房屋创下近10年来的最快速度-美国房产信息
  • 从美联储公布的数据来看,美国家庭净值增长至史上最高-美国房产信息
Logo1-800-PetMeds Free Shipping $49Take $10 Off Your First Order w/code: SAVE10 - 234 x 60
ASICS AmericaPagoda Piercing Banner 234x60Sierra Trading Post
搜索
查看: 3054|回复: 18

汉语学习 -Stay 100% Motivated- 唐人社区|北美华人论坛|外国人在中国

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
QQ
发表于 2016-11-24 00:48:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
分享到:
{$content}

唐人社区-北美华人论坛-外国人在中国版-Stay 100% Motivated

star_big.png
POPULAR
                As many regulars here will know, I'm a big proponent of Don't Break the Chain, a study technique that helps motivate you to achieve your goals by getting you to work towards those goals on a daily basis. By keeping the chain of days you have done something 'unbroken', you'll slowly but surely be getting closer to some objective. The longer your chain gets, the less likely you are to want to let it get broken, which kicks off a virtuous cycle of working towards your goal and feeling more motivated the more you work towards it.

It's a great system, not just when applied to learning Chinese but also for developing other skills and/or good habits.

Having said that, over the years I've found it to have a flaw, namely that if for whatever reason you end up breaking the chain (perhaps for reasons outside of your control), its length is reset to zero and you have to start building it up from scratch. This can be incredibly demotivating, especially for big chains, and in my experience the longer the chain the more demotivating it feels.

Once things are reset to zero, there's also tendency to think, "well it's zero today, and it will still be zero tomorrow so missing one day won't hurt", and then one day turns to two days, which turns to a week and before you know it a month has passed and you're no longer working towards your goals.

After thinking about this for a bit to see if there was a way to prevent it from happening, I figured out a solution I was happy with and decided to make it in to an app - 100% (currently iOS only but will consider an Android version if there is demand).

Instead of using 'days in row' as a motivator, it calculates a 'dedication percentage' based on the number of days out of the last 30 (the time period is adjustable) that you have performed some task. Your goal is to keep the percentage for each task at, or as close as possible to 100%.

If however you miss a day, then instead of the crash you get with breaking the chain, all you get a small drop in percentage and a message telling you how many days you need to keep at your goal in order to get your percentage back up to 100%.

It's a completely different feeling from breaking the chain, and you can miss the occasional day and still feel motivated to keep going.

The app itself is pretty simple (screen shots on its iTunes page here). It's just a list of tasks split in to those you have completed today and those you haven't. Clicking on a task moves it from one section to the other. You can also view and modify the entire task history, and configure things like reminder notifications if the task hasn't been marked 'complete' by a certain time, but that's pretty much all there is too it.

Even though it's simple, it's actually really effective, and I hope you find it useful.
回复 百度谷歌雅虎搜狗搜搜有道360奇虎

举报

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
QQ
发表于 2016-11-24 02:53:18 | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                                                                                #8                                                                                                                                                                                        laurenth                                                                                                               

laurenth       

•                                                                                                                        
  •                         Members                                               
  •                         311 posts                                       

•                                                         Chinese:哆啦A梦的                                                                                                                                                               
  •                                                         Location:活在布鲁塞尔                                                                                                               

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:08 PM                                                                       
                                                                                                        I use MyChain for Android, and it has a "Good excuse" button that doesn't break the chain. Of course, you're supposed not to overuse it...

[Edit]: Link

•                                                                                                                                                          1                                                                                       

• Back to top                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
QQ
发表于 2016-11-24 03:10:48 | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                                                                                #15                                                                                                                                                                                        AdamD                                                                                                               

AdamD       

•                                                                                                                        
  •                         358 posts                                       

•                                                         Chinese:中级(HSK 3)                                                                                                                                                               
  •                                                         Location:澳洲 墨尔本                                                                                                               

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:20 PM                                                                       

POPULAR
                                                                                                        This applies to 100% but is about chains in general. This seems as good a thread as any to talk about this.

It’s two years today since I started two chains: one of listening for 15 minutes a day, and one of reading for 15 minutes a day. Despite holidays, deadlines, family events, illnesses and two hospital visits, I’ve kept both chains intact.

What I expected is that the sustained momentum would improve my listening and reading. That happened. What I didn’t expect was this massive beneficial side-effect: Chinese is normal now.

In a sometimes desperate effort to keep myself interested through periods of distraction, stress or mere boredom, I found different things to read and listen to: 豆瓣 threads, brochures off the street, writing drills, podcasts, vlogs, TV shows. That range is now so broad that a lot of it’s become part of my daily routine. When I’m bored late at night, I’m more likely to look at 江苏 TV’s YouTube channel than watch something American on Netflix, because I’m used to doing it. When I’m cleaning the flat and need a podcast, often I’ll go straight to SBS Mandarin or 潘吉Jenny告诉你。 When I want to chat to friends, I always open 微信, Line or HelloTalk first.

This side-effect is huge, and has transformed the place Chinese takes in my daily life. As long as I maintain these chains, Chinese will become so entrenched in my routines that I won’t even notice it’s there.

•                                                                                                                                                          6                                                                                       

• Back to top                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
QQ
发表于 2016-11-24 03:25:11 | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                                                                                #17                                                                                                                                                                                        AdamD                                                                                                               

AdamD       

•                                                                                                                        
  •                         358 posts                                       

•                                                         Chinese:中级(HSK 3)                                                                                                                                                               
  •                                                         Location:澳洲 墨尔本                                                                                                               

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:58 PM                                                                       
                                                                                                        I really think it is. In the bad months, it can be enough to stop you going backwards. In the good months, you get measurably better.

•                                                                                                                                                          2                                                                                       

• Back to top                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
QQ
发表于 2016-11-24 03:50:14 | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                                                                                #12                                                                                                                                                                                        Shelley                                                                                                               

Shelley       

•                                                                                                                        
  •                         3,098 posts                                       

•                                                         Chinese:Intermediate                                                                                                                                                               
  •                                                         Location:England                                                                                                               

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:49 AM                                                                       
                                                                                                        Paid apps usually give you a code or ID no. or something so that at any time you can re install the app.

For example I paid for pleco many years ago when I had a windows smart phone, I have move it over several platforms and devices over the years with no problems.

Well written and supported apps will usually allow this. I am sure that this will be the same

•                                                                                                                                                                                                          0                                                                                       

• Back to top                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
QQ
发表于 2016-11-24 04:28:48 | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                                                                                #4                                                                                                                                                                                        Shelley                                                                                                               

Shelley       

•                                                                                                                        
  •                         3,098 posts                                       

•                                                         Chinese:Intermediate                                                                                                                                                               
  •                                                         Location:England                                                                                                               

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:26 PM                                                                       
                                                                                                        And one more for an Android version.

Sounds good, very much like the difference between games that when you fail make you go back all the way to the beginning and ones that take back to a level that is a set number back from the one you fail at.

I very quickly gave up with the ones that crashed you back to level one with but was encouraged to keep at with the other sort.

•                                                                                                                                                          1                                                                                       

• Back to top                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
QQ
发表于 2016-11-24 04:54:15 | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                                                                                #16                                                                                                                                                                                        imron                                                                                                               

imron       
                                            Admin

•                                                                                                                        
  •                         Administrators               
  •                                                                                        
  •                         10,944 posts                                       

•                                                         Location:国外                                                                                                               

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:33 PM                                                                       
                                                                                                        Congratulations on maintaining those chains!

Persistent, regular practice really is the secret to success with Chinese.

• Back to top                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
QQ
发表于 2016-11-24 05:54:41 | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                                                                                #14                                                                                                                                                                                        Elizabeth_rb                                                                                                               

Elizabeth_rb       

•                                                                                                                        
  •                         246 posts                                       

•                                                         Chinese:还可以, B2/C1                                                                                                                                                               
  •                                                         Location:Leeds, UK                                                                                                               

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:52 PM                                                                       
                                                                                                        Thanks!

If, as Shelley says, there's a code to note in order to avoid repeat download fees, that's just fine.

Looking forward to the Android version of 100%, as the screen shots looked just what I wanted.

•                                                                                                                                                                                                          0                                                                                       

• Back to top                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
QQ
发表于 2016-11-24 06:40:31 | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                                                                                #6                                                                                                                                                                                        studychinese                                                                                                               

studychinese       

•                                                                                                                        
  •                         312 posts                                       

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:43 PM                                                                       
                                                                                                        Android, please.                                                                                

• Back to top                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
QQ
发表于 2016-11-24 06:51:45 | 显示全部楼层
                                                                                                                                                #13                                                                                                                                                                                        imron                                                                                                               

imron       
                                            Admin

•                                                                                                                        
  •                         Administrators               
  •                                                                                        
  •                         10,944 posts                                       

•                                                         Location:国外                                                                                                               

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:26 AM                                                                       
                                                                                                        @Elizabeth_rb, check out the link above provided by laurenth, or the link to 'don't break the chain' that I mentioned in my first post. 100% is based on the same basic premise and you should still be able to get good value from them even if my objective opinion thinks 100% is better.                                                                                

• Back to top                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

美国华人网|唐人社区|什么值得买FunInUSA.net发布的汉语学习 -Stay 100% Motivated- 唐人社区|北美华人论坛|外国人在中国帖子由网友提供或转载于网络,若发布的汉语学习 -Stay 100% Motivated- 唐人社区|北美华人论坛|外国人在中国侵犯了您的权益,请联系我们.
内推面经 -请问Leetcode哪里能找到更多的SQL题目? (转载)- 唐人社区|北美华人论坛
唐人社区-北美华人论坛-内推面经版-请问Leetcode哪里能找到更多的SQL题目? (转载) JobHunting 标 题: 请问Leetco
内推面经 -myvisajobs 和 glassdoor是不是只显示base salary?- 唐人社区|北美华人论 ...
唐人社区-北美华人论坛-内推面经版-myvisajobs 和 glassdoor是不是只显示base salary? JobHunting 标 题: myvisa
内推面经 -问个面试后直接回国探亲的事- 唐人社区|北美华人论坛
唐人社区-北美华人论坛-内推面经版-问个面试后直接回国探亲的事 JobHunting 标 题: 问个面试后直接回国探亲的事
内推面经 -招聘 Dev Ops Engineer or Dev Ops Lead- 唐人社区|北美华人论坛
唐人社区-北美华人论坛-内推面经版-招聘 Dev Ops Engineer or Dev Ops Lead JobHunting 标 题: 招聘 Dev Ops Engi
内推面经 -Yahoo组内招SDET- 唐人社区|北美华人论坛
唐人社区-北美华人论坛-内推面经版-Yahoo组内招SDET JobHunting 标 题: Yahoo组内招SDET 关键字: 内推,SDET 最
内推面经 -美国本来没啥三哥,当年COX报告一出,立马出现三哥 (转载)- 唐人社区|北美 ...
唐人社区-北美华人论坛-内推面经版-美国本来没啥三哥,当年COX报告一出,立马出现三哥 (转载) JobHunting 标 题:
内推面经 -Mobile Software Engineer - AI Product- 唐人社区|北美华人论坛
唐人社区-北美华人论坛-内推面经版-Mobile Software Engineer - AI Product JobHunting 标 题: Mobile Software E
内推面经 -招聘模拟、混合信号电路工程师(转帖自 电子工程版)- 唐人社区|北美华人论坛
唐人社区-北美华人论坛-内推面经版-招聘模拟、混合信号电路工程师(转帖自 电子工程版) JobHunting 标 题: 招聘模
内推面经 -三哥追TG就像TG赶上美国一样,美梦一场 (转载)- 唐人社区|北美华人论坛
唐人社区-北美华人论坛-内推面经版-三哥追TG就像TG赶上美国一样,美梦一场 (转载) JobHunting 标 题: 三哥追TG就
内推面经 -美国也是人情社会,光有技术不懂公关应酬融入主流文化- 唐人社区|北美华人 ...
唐人社区-北美华人论坛-内推面经版-美国也是人情社会,光有技术不懂公关应酬融入主流文化 JobHunting 标 题: 美国
Sasa.com

Copyright ©2011 FunInUSA.NET All Right Reserved.  Powered by Discuz! X3.0 小黑屋

本站信息均由会员发表,不代表美国华人网FunInUSA|唐人社区的立场,如侵犯了您的权利请发帖投诉  技术支持: 美国华人网FunInUSA|唐人社区

安全联盟认证 安全联盟认证

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表