唐人社区-北美华人论坛-外国人在中国版-Inkstone: my free, open-source Chinese writing app|
As I alluded to when I released Make Me a Hanzi earlier this year, I've been working on a writing app that uses that data. Well, the first version of Inkstone is now ready! I only have an Android build at the moment, but it supports a decent number of features, including:
This app uses a number of other open-source projects. In particular, it wouldn't be possible without Arphic Technology's kai fonts and the MeteorJS development framework, so I want to thank both companies! For a full list of open-source credits, see the Help page in the app.
- Tap for a hint, double-tap for a walkthrough
- Stroke recognition and automatic grading
- Spaced-repetition-based scheduling
- Help pages and stroke-order animations for every character
- Bundled word lists: radicals and all HSK levels
- Settings that give you control over scheduling
- Support for custom word lists
There are quite a lot of features I'd like to add to the app. Currently, I'm working on handwriting shortcuts - for example, writing 了 in a single stroke - and planning support for traditional characters. Any other feedback that you all have would be very helpful. I hope you like it!